Thursday, March 3, 2011
Here is the sister vertical image action for CoffeeShop AutoH ColorBlock. This version makes your vertical images web-ready. It crops, sharpens, adds custom colorblock and text and rounds the corners. I will make a version without rounded corners next.
CoffeeShop AutoV ColorBlock Web Action Instructions
1. Open your image and using your eyedropper tool, click on the image to select a color for the color block. If you don't select a a color it will be white. Note: I used my Velvet Cream action on the image in the ad.
2. Start the action. The action will flatten your image and then place free-transform bars on the upper left. If you can't see them, hold down Ctrl-0 (zero) to zoom out (and to zoom back in do the same). Drag the corner of the free transform box until your image is cropped to your satifaction, then click on the checkmark.
3. The action will sharpen your image for the web; adjust the radius if you need more sharpening.
4. You will be prompted to add the watermark text in the image (it will come up as "your name"). You can change the font/color/size/etc. Once you add the text then press the checkmark to accept. You can change this later.
5. You will be prompted to add the second part of the watermark text in the image (it will come up as "photography"). You can change the font/color/size/etc. Once you add the text then press the checkmark to accept. You can change this later.
6. You will be prompted to add the caption (labeled "caption"). Again, adjust the font to taste and then click the checkmark to accept.
7. The image size prompt will come up, so just put in your final desired width in pixels on the top. Your height should adjust automatically. Your image will now be web ready. You can change any of the text layers by clicking on them. You can also turn these layers off if you would prefer no text.
8. Flatten and save as a jpg if you want to post on a white background, merge visible and save as a .png if you are posting this on a background that is not white. Add a color fill layer on the bottom that matches your background if it is not white and you want to save it as a .jpg.
Download the free CoffeeShop AutoV ColorBlock PS/PSE Action on mediafire .
Do you want to download my favorite CoffeeShop Actions or Design Elements in one convenient zipped file AND help support this blog? Just click here for my action pack or here for a download of some of my most popular design elements, storyboards, and textures.