Thursday, February 17, 2011
Here is my newest web-ready action (you can find all of my other ones toward the bottom of this page) and I really love it. This action is for horizontal images (I will be posting the vertical version next) and adds a custom color-block to the bottom, custom watermark and caption text, rounds the corners, resizes and sharpens for the web. It is fast and fun!
CoffeeShop AutoH ColorBlock Web Action Instructions
1. Open your image and using your eyedropper tool, click on the image to select a color for the color block. If you don't select a a color it will be white. (Note: I used my Velvet Truffle action with some additional layers on this image and turned off the navy blue exclusion layer. I will be releasing a new version of this action with a define/contrast layer).
2. Start the action. The action will flatten your image and then place free-transform bars on the upper left. If you can't see them, hold down Ctrl-0 (zero) to zoom out (and to zoom back in do the same). Drag the corner of the free transform box until your image is cropped to your satifaction, then click on the checkmark.
3. The action will sharpen your image for the web, adjust the radius if you need more sharpening.
4. You will be prompted to add the watermark text in the image (it will come up as "your name"). You can change the font/color/size/etc. Once you add the text then press the checkmark to accept. You can change this later.
5. You will be prompted to add the second part of the watermark text in the image (it will come up as "photography"). You can change the font/color/size/etc. Once you add the text then press the checkmark to accept. You can change this later.
6. You will be prompted to add the caption (labeled "caption"). Again, adjust the font to taste and then click the checkmark to accept.
7. The image size prompt will come up, so just put in your final desired width in pixels on the top. Your height should adjust automatically. Your image will now be web ready. You can change any of the text layers by clicking on them. You can also turn these layers off if you would prefer no text.
8. Flatten and save as a jpg if you want to post on a white background, merge visible and save as a .png if you are posting this on a background that is not white.
Download the CoffeeShop AutoH ColorBlock Web Action HERE!
Do you want to download my favorite CoffeeShop Actions or Design Elements in one convenient zipped file AND help support this blog? Just click here for my action pack or here for a download of some of my most popular design elements, storyboards, and textures. For complete info on installing all of my actions, click here!