>> Wednesday, March 18, 2009
If you notice I have a tendency to change my blog header quite regularly. You might be shocked to find out I design and maintain my own blog (hee hee, OK it is pretty obvious...), even though I have yet to learn HTML. Thank you Blogger for being idiot-proof! I like to do it myself because I get tired of looking at the same header and if I pay someone to do a great job I won't want to change it. So this morning while the boys were watching their farm tractor video I made this new header which you can download below. The downloadable one does not include the above background, text, or image, but it is very easy to customize.
To custimize the CoffeeShop Polaroid Blog Header:
1. Open the header in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements like any other image.
2. Click on the bottom layer (Header Background.) If you want to make it another color, just Edit, Fill with your color of choice. If you want to add a pattern or texture (as I did above, you can find that texture HERE), just open the texture and select your move tool and drag it above the Header Background layer. Turn off or delete the Header Background layer and then Ctrl-T (free transform) the texture layer to fit your header. Click "constrain proportions" and either click and drag or change the W or H and move the texture around until it looks nice. If you can't see the drag bars in Photoshop, just Ctrl-0 (that is a zero) and you will be able to see them.
3. Add your image. As you can tell I used just one in this header. Open the image of your choice and move it on your header, just above the Clipping Mask layer. Then click on your image layer to select it, and Ctrl-G to group it with the Clipping Mask layer. This will fill the polaroid template with your image and restore your background. Then Ctrl-T the image layer to fit. Make sure to move it around and change the size to get the best fit.
4. Select the text and change the font to taste. If you don't want the text just turn off the little eye icons or drag the text layers in the trash.
5. Flatten and save! It is 980x400 so you might have to "shrink to fit" in your blog.
Download the CoffeeShop Polaroid Blog Header HERE or HERE!