CoffeeShop Downtown Photoshop Action and Frame!

I love Instagram and one of my favorite filters is Earlybird. So I decided to write an action inspired by Earlybird and came up with CoffeeShop Downtown. I even include a little frame (a png file, not an action) that you can use with the edit to get the rounded corners affect.

If you have Instagram you might wonder if it would be worth having this action.  I say yes.  CoffeeShop Downtown is fully adjustable, unlike Instagram filters.

This action has quite a few layers, but I didn't flatten it so you could play with them and get your own perfect edit.

I love using this action on B&W images.  It adds a beautiful color/contrast/painterly effect.

I wanted to compare the original Instagram Earlybird edit to my own version.  My version has a little less contrast (which you can bump up after running the action).  And do you see my cute frame?   I scanned in some watercolor paper and included it in the download.  Just open it and slip a square-cropped image behind it.

Download the CoffeeShop  Downtown action for PSE and Photoshop. You can also download it here.

Do you want to download my favorite CoffeeShop Actions or Design Elements in one convenient zipped file AND help support this blog? Just click here for my action pack or here for a download of some of my most popular design elements, storyboards, and textures.

For complete info on installing all of my actions, click here.

Lifesighs August 16, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Thank you so much for this! Beautiful action and your generosity is extremely appreciated!

wickedqueenofmean August 16, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Thank you I love this action and downloaded it right away. Can't wait to play with it....

Carrie August 16, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I can't wait to try this one, thank you! Do you just drag the background image onto the photo you're editing or do you use a certain layer mask? I tried to follow your vintage tutorial and I think I did the background incorrectly!

anita August 16, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Thanks!

Ruthanne August 16, 2012 at 8:02 PM

LOVE Early Bird and this looks even better! As usual, your actions are gorgeous! Thank you SO much!

archivedmemories August 16, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Viv (modifica) August 17, 2012 at 6:24 AM

So lovely thanks so much I will be using this one a lot...

CBH August 17, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 4 post on Aug. 17, 2012. Thanks again.

CBH August 17, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 1 post on Aug. 17, 2012. Thanks again.

mochuisle.carolyn August 17, 2012 at 1:40 PM

This action is phenominal! I have been dying to find something like this that will also work with a rectangular photo--and not just a square one. It is AMAZING! Thank you so much!

Minoush August 18, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Thank you! I think this will be my second favourit of actions! The first favourit is your "Caramel Dreams" :-)

Leticia EM August 19, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Love them already thinking of ideas.

aubri August 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Earlybird is my FAVORITE TOO! Can't wait to use this on some high res images and not those silly little iphone ones! :)

Pam September 25, 2012 at 9:25 PM

What a great action. Thanks, I'll have to try it out.

Amy Buitron October 9, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I'm not sure how to download the action. Could you please explain...I'm not usually this clueless! lol

Rita October 9, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Amy the download links are toward the bottom of the post.

Anonymous October 16, 2012 at 6:18 PM

I'm trying to download CoffeeShop Downtown but it's saying something about part of the file is encrypted? Is it something I'm doing wrong, or something I can do to fix it?

Rita October 17, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Try downloading it again, it sounds like your internet hiccuped. :-)

NATASHA November 4, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Thank you so much for sharing your work with us.

I have downloaded the actions but am unable to run it. Like you mentioned i need to click on the first step of the action & click on the run buttom that is placed at the bottom of the action panel. But i only have delete, create new action, Create new set, play selection, begin recording & stop playing / recording.

Please help me. I also need to know how to use these actions in the photoshop CS5.

Rita November 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Natasha, I have full instructions on running actions in Photoshop on my blog, just click on Action install on top and then Photoshop. :-)

NATASHA November 5, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Thanks Rita, but am not able to find the action install button. full instructions on running actions in Photoshop is it on your tutorial page. Sorry to bother you will this.

Rita November 6, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Here is the link to install the actions: http://www.thecoffeeshopblog.com/2007/09/installing-coffeeshop-actions.html and the action download link is toward the bottom of this post. :-)