I love vintage photos, and I had so much fun creating these two new vintage web frames. These are unique as they have a vintage texture within the layered frame that you can use to instantly age your photo, so no messing with actions or additional adjustment layers! I used a paper texture from PlayingwithBrushes from Flickr in this frame. She has a huge selection of gorgeous vintage textures, so please check out her page.
Instructions (for additional instructions on making a vintage B&W image, please click here):
1. Open your image.
2. Open the vintage frame.
It will have 3 layers. Make sure the Clipping Mask layer is selected.
3. Click on the move tool (v), click on your image, and then hold down your left button and move it over on top of the frame.
4. Group the image to the clipping mask (if you are new to grouping, check out my Clipping Mask Tutorial). Make sure the image is above the clipping mask and below the Vintage Texture as seen below.
5. Free Transform your image to fit in the frame (Ctrl-T). Hold shift if you are using Photoshop, don't hold shift and make sure constrain proportions is checked in PSE before dragging or your image will be distorted.
5. The Vintage Texture layer is preset to Multiple, blending mode 100%. Your image is now instantly vintage!
6. I wanted a brighter image, so I made a duplicate of the Vintage Texture layer (I clicked on the Vintage Texture layer, Ctrl-J, and then grouped the copy with the original texture later, see below) and put that layer in Soft Light, 100% blending mode for the final image seen below. I love the distressed effect.
I had so much fun making these frames and putting together this little tutorial. Please post your before/afters in my CoffeeShop Facebook Page if you can. I would love to see your results.
Download the free CoffeeShop Frames 12 Vintage set HERE or HERE. The CoffeeShop Frames 12 are also included in my CoffeeShop Design Pack.
Do you want to download my favorite CoffeeShop PSE/Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets or Design Elements in one convenient zipped file AND help support this blog? Just click here for my action pack or here for a download of some of my most popular design elements, storyboards, and textures.
For complete info on installing all of my actions, click here.