>> Friday, July 15, 2011
I love vintage photos, and I had so much fun creating these two new vintage web frames. These are unique as they have a vintage texture within the layered frame that you can use to instantly age your photo, so no messing with actions or additional adjustment layers! I used a paper texture from PlayingwithBrushes from Flickr in this frame. She has a huge selection of gorgeous vintage textures, so please check out her page.
Instructions (for additional instructions on making a vintage B&W image, please click here):
1. Open your image.
2. Open the vintage frame.
It will have 3 layers. Make sure the Clipping Mask layer is selected.
3. Click on the move tool (v), click on your image, and then hold down your left button and move it over on top of the frame.
4. Group the image to the clipping mask (if you are new to grouping, check out my Clipping Mask Tutorial). Make sure the image is above the clipping mask and below the Vintage Texture as seen below.
5. Free Transform your image to fit in the frame (Ctrl-T). Hold shift if you are using Photoshop, don't hold shift and make sure constrain proportions is checked in PSE before dragging or your image will be distorted.
5. The Vintage Texture layer is preset to Multiple, blending mode 100%. Your image is now instantly vintage!
6. I wanted a brighter image, so I made a duplicate of the Vintage Texture layer (I clicked on the Vintage Texture layer, Ctrl-J, and then grouped the copy with the original texture later, see below) and put that layer in Soft Light, 100% blending mode for the final image seen below. I love the distressed effect.
I had so much fun making these frames and putting together this little tutorial. Please post your before/afters in my CoffeeShop Facebook Page if you can. I would love to see your results.
Download the free CoffeeShop Frames 12 Vintage set at Dropbox instant download or annoying MediaFire. I just joined DropBox and I would love to know what you think of it as a file sharing site. If you click on the DropBox link you directly get the download, so you don't have to worry about pop-ups or trying to figure out what to click on. The CoffeeShop Frames 12 are also included in my CoffeeShop Design Pack.
Want all of my favorite CoffeeShop Actions or Design Elements in a convenient download AND help support this blog? Just click here for my action pack or here for a digital design pack (many of my popular design elements, storyboards, and textures).