CoffeeShop Frames 12 - Vintage Frame and Edit!

I love vintage photos, and I had so much fun creating these two new vintage web frames. These are unique as they have a vintage texture within the layered frame that you can use to instantly age your photo, so no messing with actions or additional adjustment layers!  I used a paper texture from PlayingwithBrushes from Flickr in this frame.  She has a huge selection of gorgeous vintage textures, so please check out her page.

Instructions (for additional instructions on making a vintage B&W image, please click here):

1.  Open your image.

2.  Open the vintage frame.
 It will have 3 layers.  Make sure the Clipping Mask layer is selected.

3.  Click on the  move tool (v), click on your image, and then hold down your left button and move it over on top of the frame.

4.  Group the image to the clipping mask (if you are new to grouping, check out my Clipping Mask Tutorial). Make sure the image is above the clipping mask and below the Vintage Texture as seen below.

5.  Free Transform your image to fit in the frame (Ctrl-T).  Hold shift if you are using Photoshop, don't hold shift and make sure constrain proportions is checked in PSE before dragging or your image will be distorted.

5.  The Vintage Texture layer is preset to Multiple, blending mode 100%. Your image is now instantly vintage!

6.  I wanted a brighter image, so I made a duplicate of the Vintage Texture layer (I clicked on the Vintage Texture layer, Ctrl-J, and then grouped the copy with the original texture later, see below) and put that layer in Soft Light, 100% blending mode for the final image seen below.  I love the distressed effect.

I had so much fun making these frames and putting together this little tutorial.  Please post your before/afters in my CoffeeShop Facebook Page if you can.  I would love to see your results.

Download the free CoffeeShop Frames 12 Vintage set at Dropbox instant download or annoying MediaFire.   I just joined DropBox and I would love to know what you think of it as a file sharing site.  If you click on the DropBox link you directly get the download, so you don't have to worry about pop-ups or trying to figure out what to click on.  The CoffeeShop Frames 12 are also included in my CoffeeShop Design Pack.

Want all of my favorite CoffeeShop Actions or Design Elements in a convenient download AND help support this blog? Just click here for my action pack or here for a digital design pack (many of my popular design elements, storyboards, and textures).

camelia danielescu July 15, 2011 at 2:34 PM

This is really wonderful !
Thank you !
Have a great week-end ! :)

Pink Trees and Sunshine July 15, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Thanks so much, Rita! These are lovely! Thanks for the tutorial, too~~I wasn't sure if you had to use a clipping mask for a frame. How are you liking your iMac? :~)

Laura Short-Bacher July 15, 2011 at 4:14 PM

I'm in Austin and can't find bluebonnets ANYWHERE!!!

Rita July 15, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Thank you Camelia! And Laura, these are bluebonnets but some flowering plant that was in my flowerbeds. However, with the drought they are now dead...

Pink Trees, I LOVE my iMac! Seriously the best computer I ever bought.

Dawn July 15, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Always love your frames! Also- dropbox worked great. I had issues with Mediafire.

Thank you!!

NotEnufTime2 July 15, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Love the frames...and the dropbox!
I've been using dropbox with my handbell choir for about a year and never had a problem with it!

The Painting Queen July 16, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Thank you! The Drop Box worked fantastic!

emilydenise July 16, 2011 at 10:34 AM

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE DROP DOWN BOX. Also I love your site and your products.

CBH July 16, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 3 post on Jul. 16, 2011. Thanks again.

CBH July 16, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 2 post on Jul. 16, 2011. Thanks again.

Anonymous July 16, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Always find Drop-Box WAAAAY better!
Only suggestion is that knowing the size of download would be helpful.
Thank you for your neat stuff.

Anonymous July 16, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Thank you so much for your tutorials. I am learning a lot of techniques. You ROCK!!!

Back Porch Smiles July 16, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Thank you sooooo much! You are awesome! Dropbox is much, much better!

Anonymous July 16, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Thank you very much!

BnE's Mommy July 17, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Absolutely LOVE dropbox. Thank you again!

DaniGirl July 17, 2011 at 6:48 AM

Another amazing freebie, thank you so much Rita! And the dropbox solution is soooooo much better! I've been using it for about a year now, I like it a lot!

Christine Edwards July 18, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Thanks for all of the wonderful freebies you so generously share! Love these vintage photo frames, and Dropbox rocked...instant download without going to another screen. Yay!

kristaskiln July 19, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Thank you Rita, this frame and texture combo looks great, can't wait to try it out!

Heather July 20, 2011 at 9:19 AM

MummyMcG July 25, 2011 at 6:03 PM

THANK YOU! I LOVE your frames...I used the Vintage 12 frames for my daugther's 4 month collage on my blog....and a number of your templates for my blog as well! You can check out how I've used them here http://mcgregorphotography.blogspot.com/

Thanks again! You save me TONS of time!

Anonymous July 27, 2011 at 2:43 PM

If only I could be as good at making these things as you do... you're talented and thanks so very much for sharing them with the world!

Steve July 27, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Hi Rita, I can not thank you enough for what you do for folks who you never see or speak to. A bit of news, Rick LePage from Photoshop Elements magazine saw this image in my Flickr Stream

The Elements team is preparing the COVER of the September/October Elements magazine, this image was selected with many others. The final image cover has NOT been select yet. He will let me know. I asked Rick if the image is selected, please give Rita credit for the creation of the Vintage Frame #12. Thank you again for what you do. I will alert you if this image is selected.
Take Care
Steve

Rita July 27, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Steve, I just checked out your photo and it is AMAZING!!!! And thank you so much for using that frame and leaving such a wonderful comment. I love to see what people do with my creations, so thank you!!! Rita

Butterbean Row July 29, 2011 at 2:09 PM

Rita, You are the best! Thank you so much for sharing!!

Magpie Magic July 30, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Love these frames. :-)

Thanks for the use of your stock. Used here: http://magpiemagic.blogspot.com/2011/07/love-of-sea-calendar.html

:-) Sybille

Anonymous August 2, 2011 at 4:22 PM

LOVE the drop-down box downloading. I hadn't visited your site for a while and found the download so easy and hassle free. Thanks for your awesome frames!

Anonymous August 3, 2011 at 6:23 AM

Thank you so much! also for the very fast download. Works perfect!!

Hugs Kirsten.

Steve August 24, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Hi Rita

I was officially notified by Photoshop Elements Technique Magazine, OUR image made the cover. I say our because your Vintage framing really popped this image. Thank you so very much. I am being sent additional copies of the magazine and would love to send you a copy if you like. My email address is jayco2001@yahoo.com. Here is a link to Photoshop Elements Blog, I am not sure if you have to be a member to view their blog. Please let me know if you are not able to see. Rick LePage of Elements posted a nice write-up and linked back your blog for others to see.

Take care and thank you so much for what you do. Your efforts do not go unnoticed.

Steve

Rita August 24, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Steve, congratulations!!! The cover looks amazing and I am so honored to be linked. Wow, you made my day!!!

snaphappee August 26, 2011 at 4:47 PM

I love the dropbox download! I've been using dropbox for my own files for a year or so, and it's FABULOUS!

Thank you for the wonderful frames!

Fiona August 30, 2011 at 6:42 AM

Just located your frames and into them in a BIG way! Also first I've seen of Dropbox and my I'm in love with that too :) The best thing I've used to download in an age!

Deborah January 12, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Hi Rita ... I so love these vintage frames, and the photo you used in your tutorial is beautiful, but I'm afraid I'm doing something wrong with the one I'm working on, and I hope you can help! I'm using PSE9, following each step ... everything goes quite well, until I flatten the image and save it to my desktop, I find I still have that little 'checkerboard' boarder around the outside of the vintage frame. :(

I'm still learning so much and these are such a sweet addition to use on photos. I hope you can help me! If you get some time, I would so appreciate any suggestions you might have as to what I'm missing, and how I can get rid of that checkerboard boarder! My email address is: borneimagephoto@gmail.com.

Thank you so very much!
Blessings,
~ Deborah

fro* January 25, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Thank you so much for sharing!!I love your work!

you can see how I have used them:

greetings from Greece!

Alisha April 9, 2012 at 5:27 PM

THANK YOU for adding dropbox! So much easier- media fire is totally annoying :)

Diane July 24, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Thank you so much for still making these lovely, lovely downloads that you share. This is one I will download and use. Since I'm not the best at using PS, I really appreciate you taking time to explain how to use these. Warm appreciation for that too.
PS: I began using Dropbox last year and really like it!

Carol aka traveller August 26, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Thank you so much for all the freebies and tutorials you so generously provide. Dropbox works much better than MF; I use it all the time for syncing my work between my Mac and Windows computers when I'm away from home.
Carol aka traveller

Alejandra Salazar June 25, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing all the great actions, frames and tutorials! I'm having lots of fun touching up my children's photos!