Sunday, May 22, 2011
Instructions for the CoffeeShop Polaroid Effects Action:
1. Start with a flattened edited image.
2. Start the action. It prompts you to transform the size to fit the polaroid frame, so drag the transform bars to taste. If you can't see them, zoom in and out by clicking Ctrl-0 (zero). Make sure constrain proportions is clicked on top in PSE and that the width and height ratios stay the same in Photoshop. Click the check to accept.
3. Sharpen the image by adjusting the radius of unsharp mask. If you would rather sharpen at the end (after resizing your image), slide the amount to 1.
4. Your image will now be transformed magically into a faux Polaroid and the action will prompt you to adjust the final size. Put in your final horizontal size (don't go higher than 1215 pixels wide or the image will lose resolution).
5. You will have three layers as seen below. Turn off the top layer if you don't want an inner drop shadow. Then save as a .png if you want a transparent background or save as a .jgp if you are posting or printing on a white background. If you merge visible you can Ctrl-T and tilt the Polaroid to the left or right before saving.
I hope you have fun creating your own fake Polaroid photos!
Download the free CoffeeShop Polaroid Effects action.
Do you want to download my favorite CoffeeShop Actions or Design Elements in one convenient zipped file AND help support this blog? Just click here for my action pack or here for a download of some of my most popular design elements, storyboards, and textures.