I am going to be coming out with more WebBoard actions and templates. You can find all of my older ones here.
This action I am posting today automatically build the storyboard, loads your images,and sharpens and crops them for your blog or website! It even has the option of drop shadows and you can change the background color or add a texture. I also include a layered .psd template with clipping masks for those of you who would rather not use an action. You can read all about clipping masks here.
NOTE: When running the PSE action you have to have a random image open before starting the action. The image will close and the action will start to run.
Notes on the action:
1. Make sure you load the correct action for your program.
2. If you are using PSE, open a random image (only 1) and start the action. In Photoshop make sure all images are closed before starting the action.
3. The action will build the storyboard and prompt you to open your first image (that will go on the left side). Open the image and then the action will ask you to free transform it. Constrain proportions should be checked (and you should NOT have to hold shift in Photoshop). Simply drag the bars to fit your image to taste.
If your image is getting distorted, make sure the percentages are staying the same and the little link is clicked between them (Photoshop) or Constrain Proportions is checked (PSE).
If you can't see where to drag the bars (your image is too large) simply click Ctrl-0 (that is zero) and your web-board will shrink and you can adjust the size of your image to taste. To make the web-board large simply click Ctrl-0 again.
4. Once your first image looks great, click on the checkmark to accept the free transform and the action will prompt you to load the upper right and then lower right images.
5. After all of your images are loaded the action will bring up the sharpen pane. Simply adjust the radius to taste to sharpen for the web.
6. Finally, the action will crop your web-board to fit your blog. Just adjust the width. The board is already 1000px wide, so you can keep that size or go smaller. Please do not make the board bigger!
7. After the action is finished you will see three layers (seen below).
8. If you want to change the color of the background, double-click on the little colored square on the Color Fill 1 layer and then click anywhere on your image to select a color. Or adjust the color to taste.
9. If you want to remove or adjust the drop shadow, just double-click on the drop shadow layer (or FX in PSE). To turn off the drop-shadow in Photoshop just turn off the little eye by Effects.
10. If you want to add a textured background, drag it above the Color Fill layer.
You can download the free CoffeeShop WebBoards Rounded Corners 1 Photoshop and Photoshop Elements action and template with clipping mask HERE!
For complete info on installing all of my actions, click here! You can ask questions over at Facebook.
Do you want to download my favorite CoffeeShop PSE/Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets or Design Elements in one convenient zipped file AND help support this blog? Just click here for my action pack or here for a download of some of my most popular design elements, storyboards, and textures.
For complete info on installing all of my actions, click here.