CoffeeShop Ice Pop UnWrapped Tutorial:
1. Open your image.
2. Make your foreground color hex# 000000 (black) and your background color hex# 93bfeb (a light blue tint).
3. Add a Gradient Map adjustment layer with these colors. Put this layer in Soft Light blending mode, 50% opacity.
4. Click on your background layer.
5. Make your foreground color hex# 000000 (black) and your background color hex# f0cfc4 (a light pink tint).
4. Add a Gradient Map adjustment layer with these colors. Put this layer in Screen blending mode, 70% opacity.
5. Click on your background layer.
6. Make your foreground color black and your background color white and add one final Gradient Map adjustment layer and put this layer in Soft Light blending mode, 100% opacity.
7. You might need to use a soft low opacity black brush to paint over skin or high contrast areas using the layer mask in the B&W gradient map or Black to Pinkish gradient map layer. See screenshot below.
Click on the foreground or background color settings under your menubar and put the hex# on the bottom as seen below:
This is how you add a gradient map adjustment layer (notice this is for the black to pinkish one):
This is what the gradient map will look like after you add your black to pinkish Gradient Map adjustment layer, before changing the opacity and blending mode of that layer:
Finally, this is another before/after. I masked out his face in the B&W and black to pinkish gradient maps to remove excess contrast. Just click on the layer masks of the layer then use a soft black brush at a low opacity (25-50%) and paint over the skin. If you can't figure out which layer to paint on, just turn on and off the little eye by each layer and look at your image to see what each layer is enhancing (or not enhancing!).
Download the totally free CoffeeShop Ice Pop Photoshop and PSE action HERE!
Want all of my favorite CoffeeShop Actions or Design Elements in one simple download AND help support this blog? Just click here for my action pack or here for a download of some of my most popular design elements, storyboards, and textures. For complete info on installing all of my actions, click here.