CoffeeShop ShadowHouse Blog Header 1!

I was really inspired by Jerry's ShadowHouse Creations Creative Layer Masks so I decided to make one of them into clipping masks and put together a little blog header. It is 1000px by 300px (make sure to resize it so it fits your blog) and it is a .psd image file (not an action!) that you open in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. Once you open it you will see the following layer pane.

You can adjust the color of the background by clicking on the Background Color Fill layer box. Please don't forget to turn off the top layer before saving your finished header. It credits Jerry and ShadowHouse Creations. :-)

Use clipping masks to add your images to the masks (if you don't know how to use them read this or this).

If you want to fill the clipping masks with color and/or text, just look at the image above for complete directions.

Thanks once again Jerry for making my "job" here easy and fun!!! ;-)

Download the CoffeeShop ShadowHouse Blog Header 1 HERE or HERE!

Jerry Jones March 9, 2010 at 9:13 AM

I love your ever creative mind, and this tut rocks.

Thanks for the ideas running around upstairs. : )

Rita March 9, 2010 at 9:20 AM

Jerry, every time I visit you blog (which is daily) I am so inspired and wish I had so much more time to play... You did a beautiful job with these creative frames and I just had to use them.

Thank you so much for letting people like me use your art!!!

Sonya March 9, 2010 at 9:20 AM

love this!!! Can't wait to try it out! My blog is in need of a new header!!! :)

By - Barb Phillips March 9, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Thank you for doing all the work for me. My blog is in need of a new header.

Sherri D March 9, 2010 at 1:11 PM

thank you so much ... both you and Jerry are awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Lori March 10, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

CBH March 10, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 9 post on Mar. 10, 2010. Thanks again.

Sharon March 10, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Okay Rita I'm losing it...! I love love love your tutorials, and I'm a long time reader. My wonderful son crashed my computer and I'm going around to resubscribe to the feeds I want, but I can't find your subscribe button. I must be blind today... HELP??

CraftCrave March 10, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the DigiFree category today [10 Mar 09:38pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Anonymous June 27, 2010 at 11:33 AM

I would like to use this in my blog but it is too big. Can someone help me by telling me how to re-size it to make it smaller???

Anonymous June 27, 2010 at 11:34 AM

I would love to use this but it is too big in blogger. Can someone tell me how to re-size it?? I'm new to PS.

Amanda Dennie Photography January 4, 2011 at 10:11 AM

I absolutely love this one! So much, that I used it for my blog header. http://adenniephotography.blogspot.com/

Cheri Lisi March 4, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I just found your blog and I LOVE IT!!! Thanks so much!!! I wish I would have found it sooner!!!