Blogger UnWrapped: Gadget Goldmine!

People are always asking me how to easily add gadgets to their Blogger blog. Like most things, Blogger makes it Rita-proof.

Simply go to Layout, Page Elements, and click on "add a gadget". Then a little screen pops up and you have several things to select from (Basics, Featured, Most Popular, More Gadgets, and Add Your Own). Thousands and thousands of gadgets; from calenders, mp3 players, twitter and facebook, games, ads, photostreams, movies, you name it! Like me, you will probably get completely overwhelmed by how many incredibly cool gadgets are out there that you can easily install on Blogger.

Blogger just gets better and better and I am constantly finding new things. And I am sure I will be blogging about them all!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. :-)

I wanted to point out these gorgeous free creative clipping masks that Jerry posted on ShadowHouse Creations a few days ago. These would look great in a blog header... I think I might have to make one now! Just click on the image to be directed to the post. :-)

CraftCrave March 8, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the Tutorials category today [08 Mar 01:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

luvtknpics March 8, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Rita, I don't have this tab on my blog. Mine just has posting, settings, template and monetize.
Any tips to get the layout tab?
I know my blog is dull, lost the header and haven't been able to get it back!

Rita March 8, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Luvtknpics, click on Add a Gadget on Page Elements and then you will see those tabs!

Your header is gone? What happened??? Rita

luvtknpics March 8, 2010 at 5:29 PM

IDK, probably something i did! I'm going to try and read how to and make me a new one.

luvtknpics March 8, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Ok, from what I have read I have a classic template and want have the add a gadget part!ugh

Melanie March 9, 2010 at 6:38 AM

About those layer masks, are they for PSE too? I've looked at a lot of his textures and tried to download some but they only come up in PSE as a very small box.

Melissa April 17, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Please post a tutorial on horizontal menu bars. I saw on flicker you figured out how to do with pages. I want one and I can't figure it out!!! HELP!