CoffeeShop Rounded Corners 2 PS/PSE Action and Moody Pop and Bold Pop Actions Enhanced!

Sometimes I make actions and days or even months later I am kicking myself because I could have made them even more powerful. The three actions below have been tweaked to be more useful, so please go download the new and improved versions when you get a chance. :-)

I have improved the CoffeeShop Bold Pop and Moody Pop PS/PSE Actions by adding a B&W Conversion layer. You can turn on this layer to convert your image to B&W, or turn it on and lower its opacity to create a muted color tone. The download links on those posts lead to the updated versions now.

I realized recently that the original CoffeeShop Rounded Corners action does not work in CS4, so I have rewritten it. This action is also faster as the original as it smooths only two times, so Photoshop Elements users might want to download this new and improved version also. For large images use the preset settings of 100px smoothing, for small web images use 25px or less. I would suggest rounding the corners of your large high resolution images and then make them web-size as the rounded corners will be much nicer.

Download the CoffeeShop Rounded Corners 2 PS/PSE Action HERE!

If you want an action that not only rounds the corners of your image but also sharpens and crops it for the web, please check out CoffeeShop Web Rounded Corners PS/PSE action.

I have noticed that visits to my blog are steadily growing every month and I wanted to let you all know that I really appreciate it. I love your comments and encouragement.  If you have any questions about loading the actions in your Photoshop Elements or Photoshop, please check out this link.

And thank you so much for your generous support. Because of your donations and ad revenue from this blog, I am able to stay home with my boys and have fun creating new things for CoffeeShop. Thank you so much for making that possible, you don't know how much I appreciate it. Not only do I get to be around my crazy boys all of the time (yes, that is a good thing MOST days ;-) ) but I can make money doing something I really love. :-) In this economy every penny counts and because of you, my loyal readers, I can keep everything on this blog free.

I also wanted to remind everyone that you can use anything on this site personally or commercially. Just don't repackage free CoffeeShop stuff, as-is, and try to resale it as your own. :-)

I also wanted to let you know that I am always looking for new ideas to post here on CoffeeShop. If there is something you would like to see me create (a new action, template, etc.) just comment below. I love to be inspired!

Want all of my favorite CoffeeShop Actions or Design Elements in one simple download AND help support this blog? Just click here for my action pack or here for a download of some of my most popular design elements, storyboards, and textures. For complete info on installing all of my actions, click here.

Val October 23, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Does your invitation for requests include blog request. For those of us (I mean me!) who are totally blog dumb, yet have a blog,it would be great to learn how to do a custom header with photo or patterned paper etc.

way outnumbered October 23, 2009 at 3:15 PM

I am really liking your Moody action...I've just been trying it out recently and while it's not for "every" photo, it's STUNNING for the right ones! Thanks for that one...I'd love to see a true 70's action...like the feel in those kind of photos. Thanks for your generosity:)

keyr October 23, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Thanks for your work. Almost most of my actions sets are from you !! really appreciate it !

Debbie October 23, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Thanks for the new action Rita. I am in awe of your talents and generosity. :)

Digi Free October 23, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 23 Oct [LA 06:00pm, NY 08:00pm] - 24 Oct [UK 01:00am, OZ 11:00am] ).

Carpenter Family Life October 23, 2009 at 10:45 PM

You have created some very cool action and I have enjoyed playing with them. I am also a stay at home mom with a tight budget so the fact that your actions are free are a huge gift to me. I have managed through some of your actions to get close to a look I crave which is Sheye Rosemeyer's fun actions. http://www.sheyerosemeyerphotography.com/blog/eye-candy/
If you could do something like that or if you have suggestions those would be appreciated. :)

Brittany October 24, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Thanks for re-tweaking those actions.

I'd love to have an action for PS that reduced digital noise. I hate that grainy look!

Thank you for sharing your fab work with us!

Scrapping Mom of 5 October 24, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Thanks so much for the rounded corners. I was just thinking I needed something like this the other day.

Mattie October 24, 2009 at 9:55 AM

I would LOVE to see an action that adds a white frame (maybe the option of regular or polaroid shaped) then adds a drop shadow and finally bends the entire thing. I've seen such an action for PS, but not PSE. Thank you so much for building actions for us PSE users...it is greatly appreciated!

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search October 24, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on Oct. 24, 2009. Thanks again.

Anonymous October 24, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Thank you Rita! I just love following your blog, the actions you create make me look like a much better photographer than I really am! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'm always inspired by what I see!

Mandi October 25, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I'm so excited for this new rounded corners action! I have the old one but have CS4 and could never figure out why it didn't work for me... So YAY!! And Thank you!

Rosie October 26, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Thanks so much for the new action. I have the old one and I use it just fine in CS4. I have to use it before reducing the image size, though.

keyr October 26, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Rita...i saw your invitation for requests and i was wondering... how about an action to create the 'twilight effect' ,the bluish-grey tone to photos (landscape or portrait) ?!? i really really love their tone and my husband (who is addicted to photography ! ) would love it too or anything close to that tone ! From what i hear that tone is very popular now !!

Ramie :-) October 28, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Thanks so much!

Anonymous February 12, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Thank you so much! You are so kind and giving

Dariela April 6, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Oh my! I didn't know there was a rounded corners action. I need that. THANKS!!!

Beautiful bokeh!!

Dariela April 6, 2010 at 3:15 PM

ok the bokeh comment was meant fo your newer post, sorry!

Crystal June 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Thank you for awesome actions!

Sharon Ankerich June 16, 2010 at 8:48 AM

I tried to load this action into PSE8 and says it is not compatible with this version. Is that true???
Thanks!!!

Lulutoo July 3, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Thanks for the action. I was able to load it in PSE8 with no problem using Graffomatic, but when I click okay it clips the corners on the background paper instead of the layer that I had selected and it was previewing before that point. Just thought I would let you know in case it can be remedied. I'm assuming it has to do with the new version of PSE. Thanks again!

Mrs. S November 29, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Love this action. Is it CS5 compatible?

Mrs. Wadkins June 2, 2011 at 1:29 AM

I LOVE the denim action. I love that it automatically picks out the blues so I don't have to go erasing different parts of the pic. I would love to see something similar with green, brown, red, purple, basically each of the primary and secondary colors!

Tracy Cahoun November 1, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Thank you so much for all of your free actions!! I just downloaded the rounded corners and applied it to a photo but when I uploaded the photo to my blog, it showed a white border around it. Am I supposed to do something else?

crystal mcmillian April 4, 2013 at 12:05 AM

i have downloaded the rounded corners action but i cant figure out how to use im still new to elements 10 and im trying to figure it all out but i have no clue where to find it to apply to my pics please help..... and i LOVE LOVE all of your actions keep up the good work :)

ZayneeDesigns June 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Thanks so much for all your actions! They are great. I downloaded rounded corners 2 into a desktop folder, but when I load it into PSE 11, it won't let me "play" it. Any suggestions?