CoffeeShop 20x10 Storyboard PS/PSE Action & Template Redo!

I recently released the CoffeeShop 20x10 Storyboard Action Set 1 and I received many great suggestions to improve them. Well, I listened to you (I love my readers!) and here is the same set, with some minor changes. There are 3 folders in the zipped file. One contains templates (open like any other image, see below), and the other two are action folders, one for Photoshop Element users, the other for Photoshop (PS7 and all versions of CS) users. The Photoshop Elements folder contains the thumbnail and action .atn files for all 4 actions. Please don't forget that you have to have a random image opened before starting the actions or they won't work. The Photoshop folder contains one action set.

1. These actions DO NOT flatten the storyboard at the end. This way you can move your images around, Ctrl-T (free transform) them to different sizes, and also change the background color simply by selecting the background layer and Edit, Fill (with the color of your choice). You can also use an image or pattern as your background (make sure to drag it on the bottom of your layer pane).

2. You can add borders to your images. If you don't want borders just press OK when the Stroke box comes up (it is set at 1 px and white and will not be noticeable with the white background, but if you are changing the background make the color the new background color). If you want a border around your image just change the pixel size and color to taste!

3. Some of you are having issues with these actions in Photoshop Elements. For you I have included two versions of the templates as images. One is a .jpg where the boxes are black. You can drag your images on top and Ctrl-T them to fit. I also included a .psd (Photoshop) file where you can drag your images UNDER the template and then Ctrl-T (free transform) them to fit.

The original CoffeeShop Storyboard set is still completely valid, it just doesn't add borders (which saves time if you don't want them) and flattens the image at the end.

Download the CoffeeShop 20x10 Storyboard PS/PSE Action and Template Set 1 HERE or HERE! The download is a zipped file which contains an action set for both PS and PSE for the storyboard with and without borders, plus a folder that has the templates. REMEMBER, to use the PSE actions, you MUST have a random image open before starting it. Then click on the action button, the image will close, and the action will run.

NOTE: BTW, in the storyboard names, B means big and L means little. So BBL means Big photo, Little photo, Little photo. If any of these template actions is not working correctly, please comment below. I had a few versions and I might have become confused!

BIG TIP! If you can't see the crop lines because your image is too small, then just press Ctrl-0 (that is a zero, not an "o") and your image will shrink and the gray background will get huge and you will be able to see where you need to drag the crop bars.

Michelle March 20, 2009 at 7:39 PM

This looks mighty cool, but I am new to actions and need some help....I've already installed and used a few from others places (including Grant's Tools), but I am on a Mac and the instructions I have include putting the .atn files and .png files in one spot. And the .xml files in another. Your actions (at least this post) does not have .xml files. What do I do? Any help is really appreciated. mbdblue at comcast dot net

Digi Free March 20, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 20 Mar [LA 08:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 21 Mar [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).

Nicole March 20, 2009 at 11:21 PM

I just adore these templates. Thanks so much for redoing them so they output in layered files.

I seem to be having a problem with the download though. Winzip is having problem extracting the file and I tried downloading from both locations. I'm not sure if it's just me...

Brittany March 21, 2009 at 12:26 AM

I am having trouble downloading this action set. After I unzip the folder, I'm getting an error message that say the "action path is too long."
Any suggestions, or am I just having one of "those" days?! :)

Thanks!

Laurel March 21, 2009 at 8:36 AM

You rock Rita!!!! Thanks so much!!!

Rita March 21, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Michelle, I am clueless about Mac's, so I can't help you unfortunately. But please go post this in my Flickr Group (link on left sidebar) and I think someone will be able to help.

Also, I fixed the zipped file. I don't know what was going on, but I just had to change the name of the file and it now works. Strange!

Anonymous March 21, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Great. Thanks so much:)

MiKiko

Erin March 21, 2009 at 8:01 PM

This action looks awesome! And your new blog header is beautiful. I think you should get into blog design. . . .

Brittany March 22, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Yay! :)

Thank you!

Alicia March 26, 2009 at 8:15 PM

I was so excited to use this, but it crashes my PSE 7 everytime I use it! I am so bummed...I am using a mac, has anyone else had this experience?

Toki Lee Kanitz March 26, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Hello!! I was just wondering if there are supposed to be any files in the 'CoffeeShop 20x10 Storyboard with Borders, templates and actions' folder?? Right now I see the folder but nothing inside. Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us!! I can't wait to play.

Rebekah March 30, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Rita ~ I love your actions! Opening the Redo has been fine but my photo keeps appearing as a small corner photo rather than the entire block. I've tried different measurements & crops but the same thing occurs. Any suggestions?

Rebekah

Lynette May 27, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Just found your site and am so excited to try some of your actions! Thanks for sharing! You are invited to my freebie blog at http://lynettesphotoart.blogspot.com
God bless you - Lynette

Dallas and Kristi January 13, 2010 at 5:48 PM

I LOVE ALL OF THIS!!! You guys are the greatest!! Thankyou so much!

Danielson Family August 4, 2010 at 11:52 PM

I would love to have this so that it was long 20 and wide 10 -- I seem to take most of my photos landscape and they would fit in nicely -- next would be to learn how to make this all on my own!
Thanks for all of your hard work - I love your site!

Julie Walker September 29, 2011 at 4:05 PM

I am so excited to download this template, but I'm having the same "path is too large" issue that another commenter had. Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks! :)

Rachael Hundley September 24, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Where do I save the ANT file?