CoffeeShop PowderRoom Free Action Is Here!

Here it is, the CoffeeShop PowderRoom free skin softening/eye enhancing/vignette applying/brain enlarging (well, not yet!) action for Photoshop (PS) and Photoshop Elements (PSE). This action is completely adjustable at every step and you can get a maximum "pretty" effect as my image above (a bit overdone, I know!), or a nice subtle effect.
The free download includes the action .atn file, a PSE6 .png icon, a PSE4-5 .psd icon, the before/after photo above, full instructions on running the action AND a step-by-step tutorial so you can get the same results without the action, and finally a .pdf that tells you how to load the action in all versions of PSE. This has not been tested in any version of PSE other than PSE6, so if you get it to work in PSE4 or PSE5, please let me know in the comments.
For those of you who love actions and the time they save, please download my full CoffeeShop PowderRoom Pack (includes the tutorial mentioned below).

For those of you who would rather do it on your own (come on, it is FUN!), here is the download link with the complete CoffeeShop PowderRoom Tutorial (no action included!):

Keep checking back for MORE free CoffeeShop actions coming soon!!!

cherryberry August 8, 2008 at 10:30 PM

Hi Rita - I downloaded your full PSE action set the other day and I cannot tell you how much fun I've had with them. They are GREAT! I have already had compliments on my photo "manipulations" on scrapbook layouts :) They are just gorgeous - something I would never have the patience to figure out on my own. Thank you, thank you! I am excited to try the Powder room right now - I have PSE5 so I'll let you know how it works soon. I can't wait for Vivid too :) I'm like a kid in the candy store. Thank you, thank you! I'm so glad Misty Cato mentioned you in her blog :)

Shell August 9, 2008 at 12:55 AM

Thanks so much! I haven't played with any of these yet but I know I'll love them. Going to look through your tutorials to see if you have one for sharpening eyes without having the person look alien. Thanks again

Jessica August 9, 2008 at 1:08 AM

Thank you so much!! I can't wait to play! :)

Maria August 9, 2008 at 4:10 AM

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 09 Aug [LA 01:43am, NY 03:43am, UK 08:43am, OZ 06:43pm] ).

Grace August 9, 2008 at 8:55 AM

Thank you so much! I love these!!! Please please keep making these actions. You're awesome!

Anonymous August 9, 2008 at 8:56 AM

Wow! Thanks so much for these! As a PSE6 user, I'm so excited to have me some actions! :)

Miranda August 9, 2008 at 9:20 AM

Stopping in from Flickr, TFS!

kimmerbean August 9, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Thank you so much for another great action!

Kevin and Amy August 9, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Thanks for another fabulous action! Worked great in PSE5.0 for me.

Anonymous August 9, 2008 at 1:42 PM

Looks like a great action set! Thank you so much for sharing the action and your photography tips and advice!

Aunt Anne (adsd group)

Anonymous August 9, 2008 at 1:50 PM

Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into making these actions that make it so simple for us!! It is very much appreciated! BettyJoR

Kim August 9, 2008 at 2:09 PM

you totally rock! thank so much!

addicted2scrappin August 9, 2008 at 2:14 PM

Thank you! Can't wait to try this out!!!

Sharla August 9, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Thanks so much, what an awesome site!

Kristen August 9, 2008 at 4:36 PM

This is GREAT!! Thank you!

annie August 9, 2008 at 5:00 PM

Courtney, I don't see a RSS feed for your blog. I would really like to subscribe (and I'm sure many others would too).

If you have problems with it, I can help...I own BlogU.

Anonymous August 9, 2008 at 5:25 PM

I just found your site. You are so generous!! I love actions but have been afraid to try to make one myself. Thank you. Sharon :)

Lori August 9, 2008 at 7:05 PM

Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us! I really, really appreciate it! I have PSE6, and I've downloaded the PowderRoom and Barista actions, and they both rock!!!

{[*M.I.S.T.Y*]} August 9, 2008 at 8:14 PM

Thanks a ton!

sarah August 9, 2008 at 9:30 PM

THANK YOU!!!!

cherryberry August 9, 2008 at 10:04 PM

Hi Rita,

I've tried it in PSE5 and it works great. I had to change the name of the files for them to load into the pallette but other than that it works like a charm :) Thank you!

Jonni, John & Sofia August 9, 2008 at 10:34 PM

Rita,

Girl, you crack me up with the bit about brain enlarging, ha-ha. LOVE this action and i loved the ones you put up last week too. I am having so much fun with them. Thank you somuch for sharing ypur talent with us.

hugs,
Jonni

elnorac August 9, 2008 at 10:48 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this cool action! I love its effect. Being an action addict, I'm so happy to have found your site. Now I'll go back to it and prowl around.

Alyssa August 9, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Hi! I stumbled across your site and I'm so happy I did! I am a first time PS user - just got the PSE6 package in the mail yesterday. I downloaded the full action set & PowderRoom. I can't wait to learn how to use them :)
Thanks so much for creating these...and making them user friendly!
-Alyssa

Sus August 10, 2008 at 5:00 AM

I LOVE your actions too, and I´m so happy that what you make can be used in SPE5. Now my pics looks like the came from a Pro. photographer ;o)
I´ve tried the last action you made, but I can´t see any differents in the before and after :o( I don´t know if I´m the only one. I think I have to try the tutorial and see if that would make any differents.

But thank you again, and keep up your awesome work
Sus

Sus August 10, 2008 at 5:39 AM

Ok, after doing the tutorial I see what went wrong, and I bow to you. Dang! Those eyes just pop out now. I´m just in awe

Sus

Rita August 10, 2008 at 10:41 AM

OMGosh, thanks so much guys! I love writing these actions for my editing, and I am so happy that you are having fun playing with them also.

Sus, the photo will look unchanged after running the action because I "masked" out all of the effects with black layer masks. To soften the skin and sharpen the eyes you need to select the layers (Step 1 and Step 2) and paint over what you want changed with a soft WHITE brush. You can either adjust the opacity of the brush and/or the layer to get the look you want! Hope this helps.

Anonymous August 10, 2008 at 11:11 AM

I have just found your blog and want to thank you for sharing all your actions! It is so generous and I greatly appreciate it. Learning more about photography and new to photoshop.

Michelle

Silvana August 12, 2008 at 7:57 PM

Your actions are great! Thank you for being so generous!

Sharla August 15, 2008 at 7:07 AM

I've already left a comment, but I just had to tell you how OFTEN I've been using this set!! Thanks so much, it is saving me a lot of time in my post processing!!

twoboyz00 August 17, 2008 at 3:56 PM

Thank you so much for these actions - I can't wait to try them!

Brandon and Natalie August 21, 2008 at 10:34 AM

I got the action to work in PSE 4.0. The only change I had to make was to go into the image file and change the layer name to match the file name. After that revision it worked fine in PSE 4.0! Thanks.

Ivy de Barras August 28, 2008 at 1:43 AM

Hi Rita,

You are a star! I cannot thank you enough! My photos look beautiful! I love you! Can I buy coffee???? =)

jenie September 11, 2008 at 7:03 PM

Rita -

Thanks for posting the how-tos of your actions. I appreciate the instruction and opportunity to learn. Processing has never been my long suit, so it's great to have the chance to learn more.

Angela~Kclmomof4 September 13, 2008 at 4:31 PM

looks great, cant wait to play!!TFS!

squeeksurfer September 28, 2008 at 5:24 PM

You don't mentions if these actions work with CS3 or not? Thanks, Shelley

Kelly D. September 29, 2008 at 2:56 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chels October 1, 2008 at 4:15 PM

Help... I am not having much luck getting it to set up in my PSE 4.0. One of the other posts mentioned that she "I got the action to work in PSE 4.0. The only change I had to make was to go into the image file and change the layer name to match the file name. After that revision it worked fine in PSE 4.0! Thanks"

Okay I'm a little computer illiterate... could anyone tell me a little clearer what to do to make it work? My PSE effects pallete is showing the "my Actions" folder, but in it is nothing but "original" and "background" neither of which work. Can anyone help me? I'd love to get these working!

melissa October 9, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Ditto to what Chels said about PSE 4.0 Help!!

Anonymous October 16, 2008 at 3:51 AM

I have PSE4 and I can't get it to work. My image pallet has the black background color but it doesn't want to work. It keeps saying it couldn't find the file to complete the request. Also when I delete the cashe folder it deletes all my image effects. I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT! HELP! Thanks Laura

katherine October 17, 2008 at 10:54 AM

I'm a new CS3 user and wanted to know if these actions would work with it. They are beautiful and i can't imagine trying to figure them out myself!
Thanks.

Chels October 31, 2008 at 11:37 AM

Okay I've been playing around with PSE 4 and I got it!! Thank you to the people who made the tutorial on this site http://digitalphotographyformoms.net/?page_id=39

It took a few go arounds to get it but I got it to work and I LOVE ACTIONS!!!! WAHOO!!! Thank you for the awesome action!

One thing that would have helped me is... in step 6 it says...

"With the action .psd file active, right click on the background..."
The action .psd file is the one that says CoffeeShop PowderRoom (for example) - it took me a while to catch on to that...duh... ;-)

Good luck and have fun!

Not Scarlett November 1, 2008 at 6:53 PM

I love love love these actions! Thank you so much for sharing your talents so generously. I appreciate it! XO

Anonymous November 13, 2008 at 5:16 PM

I am off to give it a try.
Shari aka Smiles

Radha November 18, 2008 at 11:42 AM

Wowieeeeee!!!!!! Awesome actions! Just tried out the Powder room actions!! Just what I have been looking for!!

Thanks a ton! and keep up the good job!

Anonymous November 30, 2008 at 3:50 PM

Thank you - im new to ps so i'll get round to them eventually but thanks again xx

airforcewife January 29, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Okay so I'm still new to PSE but I downloaded this action and applied it and it said the photo would remain unchanged until I adjusted it. Probably a stupid question, but how do I adjust??? Help!

Jodar February 6, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Thank you for your such wonderfulk and easy to follow actions and tutorials. they are fantastic!

Amanda February 7, 2009 at 9:53 PM

SOOO excited to get started with my new PSE 6 and your free actions. Thanks!

dootell.blogspot.com

DebiD March 6, 2009 at 9:55 PM

I just downloaded your powderroom action, and successfully installed it on my iMac using PSE 4. I have been trying to get coffeeshop actions to work for weeks and finally got it right. Yeah!! Thanks to everyone that posted on this thread. I had to use a few of the suggestions made here but it works. I can't wait to install some of the other coffeeshop actions I have downloaded. Rita, thanks for sharing your actions are awesome. I'm off to try some more of your actions, thanks again!!

Ashley, Kyle, and Baby Boy March 19, 2009 at 11:52 AM

i can't get the action to show up in my effects pallette....i have a mac...any advice?

debidecker March 19, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Follow the instructions at this site http://digitalphotographyformoms.net/?page_id=39
Make sure that your file names do not have any spaces in the (i.e. CoffeeShopPowderRoom not Coffee Shop Powder Room) Once I changed the name of my files it worked just fine. Before that it kept hanging up as soon as it got to the file name with the spaces in it.

Hope this helps.

mgwallins June 9, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Maybe just a little help..... I think I love actions?!? I'm just staring. PSE 6 user. Applied PowderRoom. Using soft white brush on adjustment layers, but none of the layers are changing. Is there a trick?

erpeer August 23, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Thank you so much! You are amazing!!

Carolina Gomez September 3, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Hello Rita! can i get all this coffe shop in spanish?
Thanks for the information

Jane Packard August 31, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Many thanks for the freebies. You are so generous. :-)

Jane Packard August 31, 2010 at 9:23 AM

Many thanks for the freebies. You are so generous. :-)

Anonymous August 17, 2011 at 12:11 PM

I can't download the vontage action... please help!! it only says at the bottom of my scrren "open or save" and then I just get the images saved!

Anonymous October 19, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Hi Rita,
I'm using Photoshop CS6, will this work in that? I'm having trouble trying to get it to work.
Thanks!