CoffeeShop Ethereal Sky Texture Set!

Sometimes I need to go out of my creative comfort zone and try something new.  I am always fascinated with composite photos and decided to play and do a quick and dirty one on my own using a few images I shot the other day.  The results were quite funny and very amateurish (my husband cracked up when he saw the image), but I realized this was something I might want to explore in more detail.

I did a great job on little Imp sitting on the steps (this is a composite so he was originally not there), but poor little Duke sticks out like a sore thumb.  I am really excited to try learn more about this type of technique because it is so fun and you can be so creative.

After I finished this quick edit I ended up loving my sky texture so I decided to put together a little set of high resolution jpgs to share with you.  I used the Oil Painting-5 texture from ShadowHouse Creations in this download set and my own sky photo.  These textures are really pretty and look like oil paintings. You can use them for cards, web design, storyboards, composites; the sky is the limit.  ;-)

I love textures and have a bit of an addiction.  Some of my favorites are Chasing Dreams (Colleen has gorgeous textures and a 25% discount available today, March 18th, use code Irish25), FlyPaper Textures (some of the best painterly and vintage edge textures out there), and Shadowhouse Creations (beautiful free textures, please consider leaving Jerry a donation).  I don't think it is possible to have too many textures.

Download the free CoffeeShop Ethereal Sky Texture Set!  You can also download it from here.

Do you want to download my favorite CoffeeShop Actions or Design Elements in one convenient zipped file AND help support this blog? Just click here for my action pack or here for a download of some of my most popular design elements, storyboards, and textures.

Nancy Hawkins March 18, 2012 at 12:41 PM

just wonderful.. a tutorial on how you did this composite would be great!!!!! thanks for the textures!

Rita March 18, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Thanks Nancy! And I will do a tutorial once I figure out how to do this properly. I need to really work on making the layers look realistic. But I am excited about the challenge!!!

Rita March 18, 2012 at 12:46 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rita March 18, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Lisa Rombach March 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM

HI Rita! As always, THANK YOU for another great set!! I am up for the layer challenge - these textures are beautiful! I so appreciate you posting them. :-) Lisa

Stephanie March 18, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I love this texture set! Thank you so so very much for sharing. Can't wait to play with it! :)

Gremma March 18, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Awesome! You make me (and about a thousand other people) look good! We all appreciate your generous heart!

Rita March 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Everyone, thank you so much for your kind comments! I love this texture set too and was so happy to share it with you. Rita

Nan March 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Thanks for sharing the composition. My husband does not laugh at my designs...he just glances at them and says "nice". I think your deal is better!!

Daneilia @ Anchors Away March 18, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I love taking pictures of clouds. Especially here in Texas, they are always changing.

Chasing Dreams Photography March 18, 2012 at 6:30 PM

LOL I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are awesome!!!!!!!

Megan March 18, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I once saw a blog header that was a fabulous composite image. I wish now I could remember who it was... The picture was the blogger with her family (a mommy blog), but they were in a park, She had her lap top and coffee, the day had one of the kids upside down (there was like 4 kids) and the other kids were leaping off a picnic table, and other random mischief. Im kicking myself for not being able to remember who it was. It was hilarious! and I have wanted to do my own ever since. It was done well, but you could tell it was composite...

Ruthanne March 18, 2012 at 7:54 PM

oh my gosh! These are amazing!!!!

Karla March 18, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Thank you, these are lovely!

Butterfly Kisses Photography March 18, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Thanks Rita! Can't wait to try them on the family shots I took the other day. The sky was all wonky blown out because I exposed for their faces. I'll post on fb if I get it looking right! ;)

Anonymous March 19, 2012 at 4:35 AM

What a great idea, I'm going to have to go and have a play! Beautiful textures, thank you for sharing them with us :-)

AuroraV

CBH March 19, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 2 post on Mar. 19, 2012. Thanks again.

CBH March 19, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Mar. 19, 2012. Thanks again.

Anonymous March 19, 2012 at 7:30 AM

LOOOOVE this sky texture set!!!
Thanks a lot for sharing
XOXO

Jami March 19, 2012 at 9:18 AM

These are beautiful, Rita. Thank you! I love textures too. I could play for hours!

Marsha March 21, 2012 at 1:40 PM