>> Sunday, August 7, 2011
I have had so much fun creating my newest action, CoffeeShop Caramel Dreams. This action looks great on everything from landscapes to florals to portraits. And like most of my actions, it is completely adjustable. I hope you enjoy playing with this action as much as I have!
CoffeeShop Caramel Dreams Instructions:
1. Open image.
2. Run action. A levels adjustment pane will pop up allowing "on the fly" contrast adjustment. Adjust the bottom sliders (shadows, midtones, highlights).
3. The action will finish and there will be five new adjustable layers over the background. The image below has no further adjustments.
4. There are many ways to customize this effect. In the image below I clicked to select the Color Tint layer and adjusted the opacity to 50%.
5. I further adjusted the image by clicking on the Brightness/Contrast layer and adding more Brightness and removing some contrast.
6. In the image below I kept the Brightness/Contrast as the original action settings, turned off the contrast pop layer, and adjusted the Color Tint opacity to 30%. I like this edit, it is subtle.
7. I wanted a more vibrant effect on the image below, so I dialed up the Color Fill to 80% and then put the Define layer in Vivid light blending mode. You can also use Overlay or Soft Light.
I hope you enjoy playing with my newest action! Download the free CoffeeShop Caramel Dreams Action. If that link doesn't work, you can download the action at MediaFire. This action is also included in the CoffeeShop Action Pack.
Want all of my favorite CoffeeShop Actions or Design Elements in one simple download AND help support this blog? Just click here for my action pack or here for a download of some of my most popular design elements, storyboards, and textures. For complete info on installing all of my actions, click here.