Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Back from a long weekend. We had a great time; plenty of swimming and playing outside and visiting with family. We even made homemade smoked ribs using the 3 2 1 method of cooking and our own oak branches for "cowboy charcoal".
So today it is hot and the boys are painting their masterpieces and I decided to post a new free action and tutorial. I hope you enjoy this one!
1. Open your image in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements.
2. Soft Haze layer: Add a solid color adjustment layer in ivory (hex#fcfbe5), normal blending mode, opacity 15%.
3. Lighten layer: Add a levels adjustment layer and move the gamma (middle) slider from 1.0 to 1.2.
4. Add a gradient map adjustment layer with forground color pink (hex#a6215a) to background color light blue (hex#b2d8f2). Put this layer in soft light blending mode.
5. Color Mute layer: Add a black to white gradient map adjustment layer in normal mode and adjust the opacity to taste (start with 10% or so).
6. Vintage layer: Add a dark blue (hex#021276) solid color adjustment layer and put it in exclusion blending mode, 40% opacity.
7. Add texture for additional enhancement! For my sample in my "ad" I added this free texture from ShadowHouse Creations just above the background layer (I desaturated it first so it wouldn't change any of my colors) in linear light blending mode, 40% opacity.
8. Adjust all layers to taste!
You can also download the free CoffeeShop Simply Vintage action here!
Want all of my favorite CoffeeShop Actions or Design Elements in one simple download AND help support this blog? Just click here for my action pack or here for a download of some of my most popular design elements, storyboards, and textures. For complete info on installing all of my actions, click here.