>> Sunday, December 20, 2009
OK, I have to admit the images seen above are not mine!
Have I mentioned that I love Flickr? When I started my journey in blogging about photo-editing, this is where I started. Flickr is a wealth of beautiful inspiring images and full of amazing tutorials. If you use Photoshop make sure you visit the Photoshop Support Group. Photoshop Elements users shouldn't miss Adobe Photoshop Elements(PSE). I also love Natural Light Child Photography. Oh, and of course you can't miss CoffeeShop, my Flickr group! I am only mentioning a few of my favorites, there is a wealth of information on Flickr if you are willing to spend some time looking around. And it is all free. I love free. :-)
So I was getting my Flickr fix when I came open the image I posted above. Wow, not only were the before/after stunning, but Johnna included a step-by-step tutorial! I get really excited when I see photographers sharing, so I emailed her and asked if I could make her tutorial into an action and post it up here. And she said YES!
So here it is, a new free action designed and generously donated by Johnna LaFaith, converted to an action by me! I hope you guys love Johnna's Memories of Sunshine enhancement as much I do. If you want to see what the action does, step-by-step, page down for the Action UnWrapped tutorial.
Download the free Johnna's Memories of Sunshine PS/PSE Action HERE OR HERE!
Johnna's Memories of Sunshine PS/PSE Action UnWrapped!
Here is Johnna's action taken apart.
1) Add Layer, Solid Color, Orange (b76e0f) set to screen at 74% opacity.
2) Add Layer, Solid Color, Navy Blue (040747) set to exclusion at 100% opacity.
3) Add Layer, Solid Color, Brown (1e1203) set to color at 44% opacity.
4) Click on Background layer, Ctrl-J to duplicate. Set to soft light blending mode and drag on top of all of the layers. This is the Contrast Boost layer. Turn off for a hazy image, turn on and adjust opacity for added contrast.
5) The action can be run again for additional enhancements. It automatically flattens the image before running. :-)
Did I mention I LOVE this action? Thank you so much Johnna!
Want all of my favorite CoffeeShop Actions or Design Elements in one simple download AND help support this blog? Just click here for my action pack or here for a download of some of my most popular design elements, storyboards, and textures. For complete info on installing all of my actions, click here.