>> Sunday, October 18, 2009
Here is my newest free action, CoffeeShop Faded DayDreams! It should work in Photoshop and the newer versions of Photoshop Elements (I don't know if it will run in PSE5). Each layer is adjustable and has a built-in layer mask.
Try changing the ivory color fill layer (the 5th from bottom) from multiply to screen for a hazy effect. Read below to see the action "unwrapped" (where I tell you step-by-step what is going on in the action).
Download the free CoffeeShop Faded DayDreams PS/PSE Action HERE or HERE!
Want all of my favorite CoffeeShop Actions or Design Elements in one simple download AND help support this blog? Just click here for my action pack or here for a download of some of my most popular design elements, storyboards, and textures. For complete info on installing all of my actions, click here.
CoffeeShop Faded DayDreams UnWrapped.
1. Copy background (Ctrl-J), screen blending mode, 25% opacity.
2. Copy background (Ctrl-J), gaussian blur 15 pixels, soft light blending mode, 100% opacity.
3. Color Fill layer (hex#fdfce7), color blending mode, 25% opacity.
4. Copy the Fill layer from 3, multiply or screen (for hazy effect) blending mode, start at 25% opacity.
5. Copy background, drag it on top. Image, adjustments, desaturate or convert to B&W, normal blending mode, 40% opacity. On this layer Image, adjustments, Brightness/Contrast (Brightness 71%, Contrast 19%).
6. Color Fill layer (hex#efec9e), multiply blending mode, 25% opacity.
7. Color Fill layer (hex#fadaf9), multiply blending mode, 29% opacity.
Adjust all layers to taste!