>> Monday, September 7, 2009
Here is another Diptych web storyboard action for you Photoshop CS and Photoshop Elements users! This download also includes the .psd template if you would rather not use an action, and full instructions. If you don't want to use this storyboard on the web, you can also print it.
CoffeeShop Web Diptych 2 PS/PSE Action Instructions
Note: I have also included a .psd template with clipping masks for those of you who don't want to use an action. Just open this like any other image, and follow my clipping mask tutorial.
1. Load action (.atn file) and thumbnails (.psd for PSE5, .png for PSE6 and PSE10) if you have PSE. If you have PSE, make sure you have a random image open before starting the action (it won't work otherwise). The action will close the random image and start building the storyboard. If you have Photoshop, start the action without any images open.
2. The action will build the storyboard and prompt you to load the left-side image. Then it will prompt you to free-transform the image to fit in the cutout. If you can't see the free-transform bars, click on Ctrl-0 (that is zero) to expand the view so you can easily adjust the image to fit. Hold down the shift key (in Photoshop) or make sure "Constrain Proportions" is checked (in PSE) so your image does not warp.
3. The second image will load on the right; follow the direction in step 2 to make it fit.
4. Finally, the action will prompt you to enter the final desired image width in pixels. Enter the width only, the height will automatically adjust. For example, I crop my storyboards 600px wide so they fit the middle column of the CoffeeShop blog. Keep the image size as is if you wish to print this storyboard.
5. After the action is finished you can move around and transform the images to make final adjustments. Then flatten and upload to your favorite website/blog.
6. The Photoshop action will close all of the images you loaded into the storyboard. The PSE action does not (it crashes the program).
Download the free CoffeeShop Web Diptych 2 PS/PSE Action and Template HERE or HERE!