CoffeeShop Web Triptych PS/PSE Action and Template!

Finally my family is free of sickness! It has a horrible long two and one-half weeks, but we made it through with no antibiotics and most of our sanity. We even spent a few days on the beach to celebrate our wellness. You don't really appreciate being well until you have been sick for weeks. :-)

Here is my second of a series of web storyboard templates, the CoffeeShop Triptych (3 photo) PS/PSE Action and template. You can also keep this large and have it printed, but otherwise the action crops it to fit your website or blog. I even included a .psd image file for those of you who don't have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements and would rather use a storyboard template with clipping masks.

The download includes actions/thumbnails for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements, a .psd template, and full instructions.

CoffeeShop Web Triptych PS/PSE Action Instructions

Note:  I have also included a .psd template with clipping masks for those of you who don't want to use an action.  Just open this like any other image, and follow my clipping mask tutorial.

1.  Load action (.atn file) and thumbnails (.psd for PSE5, .png for PSE6 and PSE7) if you have PSE.  If you have PSE, make sure you have a random image open before starting the action (it won't work otherwise).  The action will close the random image and start building the storyboard.  If you have Photoshop, start the action without any images open.

2.  The action will build the storyboard and prompt you to load the left-side image.  Then it will prompt you to free-transform the image to fit in the cutout.  If you can't see the free-transform bars, click on Ctrl-0 (that is zero) to expand the view so you can easily adjust the image to fit.  Hold down the shift key (in Photoshop) or make sure "Constrain Proportions" is checked (in PSE) so your image does not warp.

3.  The second image will load in the center, the final image loads on the right; follow the direction in step 2 to make them fit.

4.  Finally, the action will prompt you to enter the final desired image width in pixels.  Enter the width only, the height will automatically adjust.  For example, I crop my storyboards 600px wide so they fit the middle column of the CoffeeShop blog.  Keep the image size as is if you wish to print this storyboard.

5.  After the action is finished you can move around and transform the images to make final adjustments.  Then flatten and upload to your favorite website/blog.

6.  The Photoshop action will close all of the images you loaded into the storyboard.  The PSE action does not (it crashes the program).

Download the free CoffeeShop Web Triptych PS/PSE Action and Template HERE or HERE!

Debbie August 21, 2009 at 7:05 PM

I can't wait to try this new action out....who needs to clean house anyway?!?! :-)

Anonymous August 21, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Thank you; glad everyone is feeling better.

Digi Free August 21, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 21 Aug [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 22 Aug [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

Cord August 22, 2009 at 6:35 AM

I am sorry to hear you have been ill, but am glad to know you are feeling better :0) Thank you so much for your continued generosity! You are awesome.

Kristen August 22, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Ooh, thank you!! Can't wait to give this a try!

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search August 22, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 7 post on Aug. 22, 2009. Thanks again.

Kim August 22, 2009 at 8:40 AM

I am sooooo happy your all feeling better. Thank you for another gorgeous action.

Heidi August 22, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Thanks!

Anonymous August 23, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Thank you so much! Looking forward to using it.

-Keila

Aimee Ferrin December 8, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Thank you, love it!!! One question (I may be a little dense) but the board comes up as a 12x6. I don't see a print option with that size in mpix....what size do you suggest instead?

Kimberly Dunbar Photography January 18, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Thanks Rita ! How can I size this to 8x10?

Ritsumei March 29, 2010 at 11:13 PM

This is so much fun to use! I tried this one and the biptych out this afternoon, and I'm thinking I'm going to be using these alot for scrapbooking! I posted my first effort on my blog, if you would like to see what I did with your work. Once again, thanks so much for all the effort that goes into all these actions & things!

Super Mom May 29, 2010 at 10:42 PM

These are all so amazing!

Thank you for sharing all your hard work with us. We really appreciate it!

Michelle July 15, 2010 at 2:22 PM

I know its been said by hundreds of people, but THANK YOU SO MUCH for providing what you do. I will certainly leave a donation soon. I appreciate so much what you offer on this site and my creativity just keeps expanding with what can be done with photos. You take georgeous pictures and know your stuff! THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Wendy August 17, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Thanks so much! Looking forward to trying this out.

J September 26, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Hi Rita!!

I LOVE all your actions for PSE...I pretty much use at least one of them every time I edit :) I have tried several times to use some of your storyboards...and they never seem to work for me. PSE8 ends up closing out on me. As soon as I try to customize the size...it force closes on it's own. I didn't know if you had any solutions to this problem...or could direct me on what I should do.

Thanks so much!!

Anonymous January 11, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I am using PSE 9. I keep trying to use this action, but everytime I can finish choosing & sizing the pictures, and enter a size for the overall image but after that anything I try to do crashes the program. Does this just not work in PSE 9?

Amanda November 7, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I'm having the same problem as the users with PSE8 and PSE9 - I'm running PSE10 and the diptych and the triptych both crash PSE every time I try them. :(

I LOVE all your freebies and SO appreciate the time you take to make them and make them available to us!

Nick English December 24, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Thanks! Looking forward to trying this out!