CoffeeShop 3V Storyboard Template and Action!

Happy Summer everyone! The Smith brothers cut our hay today, so I consider it the first official day of summer at our house. Plus it is HOT. I am spending most of the day outside with my little boys, so if I don't post quite as much, that is because I can't be inside tapping at the computer in the A/C while my little guys are running around in a sweat playing with who knows what; like snakes, rats, barb wire, or wasps. Plus I am trying to get some sleep at night by turning off the computer before my dear husband falls asleep on his recliner in front of the television. ;-) Yep, we have small kids and are sleep-deprived like everyone else out there!

Thank you for visiting my blog and making such nice comments. And thank you so much for putting up with my many varied ads (and actually reading more on the ones that interest you) and especially for giving such generous donations. In these times I know how hard it for every one of you, and I just want to thank you for making it little easier for me to stay at home and play on the computer. ;-) When I want to make more time for my family, I find other things to cut out of my life and always find the extra minutes to post to this blog because I frankly have so much fun with it. :-)

I also wanted to mention that if you have any questions about anything you see on my blog, please post it over at my friendly Flickr CoffeeShop Group. I get so many emails with great questions and comments, but I just don't have the time to respond to them all as well as I would like. You might find the answer to your question already posted at my group on Flickr, or by posting and getting an answer, you might help someone else out that has been struggling with the exact same issue. Plus I get more sleep and have more energy to post new things here at the CoffeeShop. :-)

Here is another free CoffeeShop Storyboard PS/PSE Action and Template set! The CoffeeShop 3V (3 vertical photos) Storyboard can be cropped to fit any standard frame (such as 8x10 or 11x14). Remember, if you are using Photoshop Elements you must have some random image open BEFORE starting this action. Actions won't run in PSE unless an image is open. This action leaves the layers, so you can move or resize the images, adjust the text, or even change the background color (select the background layer and fill it with the color of your choice, it is that easy!).

I also threw in two templates for those of you that don't want to mess with actions. The first is a .psd file with layers and clipping masks. Read my Clipping Mask Tutorial if you don't know how to use clipping masks, they are very easy and make sizing images to fit storyboards so easy! I also included a .jpg image if you don't want to mess with layers.

I hope you enjoy this new CoffeeShop Storyboard. You can download the CoffeeShop 3V Storyboard PS/PSE Action and Template set HERE!

Plenty more to come, including more presets and actions and whatever other fun things I design!

Barbara June 15, 2009 at 5:19 PM

Thank you, Rita! Enjoy the sunshine with your little ones!

MrsD June 15, 2009 at 7:03 PM

thank you so much I just love your storyboard templates and actions. are you still enjoying lightroom?

Anonymous June 15, 2009 at 8:39 PM

I swear...I stalk your blog! I just love your actions and plan to use several storyboards to create some art for our new home.

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search June 15, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Photoshop/Gimp Resource(s) (Brush(es), Swatch/Palette, ...) post on Jun. 15, 2009. Thanks again.

Digi Free June 15, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 15 Jun [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 16 Jun [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

MIchelle June 16, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Thanks so much for all your fun Actions and storyboards. I use your actions almost every day. I think you helped me find a new love of photography. And I have your storyboards hanging in my house, and love them. Thanks again for all the great stuff you do.

Sylvia June 16, 2009 at 4:24 PM

As always, I would never miss a post or a freebie ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Elise June 16, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Thank you so much, I am fairly new to PSE- 1 year- and am always trying and looking for new things. I am looking forward to giving this one a try!!

Christina June 16, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Thanks so much! I can totally relate to prioritizing time for family, sleep, etc. It helps keeps us well-rounded. Can't wait to see more:)

Staci B June 16, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Awesome job, as always!!! I come everyday for my fix!

Kirsty June 25, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Great template - I'd love a 20 x 10 vertical template like your other 20x10's - or a tutorial on how to rotate it 90 degrees. Thanks

Pam June 30, 2009 at 8:03 PM

I can't seem to get the storybook action to work in PSE 6. The one that has 3 vertical shows up very small like 2 inches.

Some of the others are correct but the masking tool doesn't work. Maybe not a pnd. ANy help would be appreciated. I have tried and tried and am so frustrated. :o(
I really want to create a story board. Thanks, Pam

Anonymous August 27, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Thank you so much for all the wonderful things you provide, the tutorials, the actions, everything!!! It's really been a BIG help!! I just started my own photography business, and hopefully soon, I can work out of my home as well, and have a better life with my little boy!