Introducing CoffeeShop PowderRoom 2!!!

I just posted the newest version of PowderRoom, PowderRoom 3.  I streamlined it by removing the "duplicate image" part of the action and having the action select the white brush so you can start painting on layer masks.  But otherwise it is still the classic PowderRoom.

I  also have a different version of this action that you might want to try, Baby PowderRoom (it is not just for babies!).  It does not replace PowderRoom 2 but is a great action for times when you are working on a portrait that has red skin issues.  If you want a one-stop portrait action that automatically softens skin and enhances your entire portrait, please check out CoffeeShop Perfect Portrait 3.

Click on the image below to download the free action or click HERE if that download link does not work!  You can also download it here.

It is finally completed and I am releasing it on my son Duke's 4th Birthday (pictured above). The original CoffeeShop PowderRoom has been one of my most popular actions ever, and I listened to your excellent suggestions and made PowderRoom 2 bigger and better. This is the only action you will need to retouch your portraits. It softens skin, brightens and defines the eyes, removes redness from tired/allergy eyes, and whitens teeth. It works in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements and comes with step-by-step .pdf instructions and icons for PSE.

I hope you guys enjoy it! And did I mention it is completely free??? :-) And thanks again for hanging out at the CoffeeShop, where the coffee is always hot and the actions are fresh!!!

NOTE! I have a little .pdf tutorial included in the download. If you are having trouble with this action and are seeing any difference when you paint over the layers with the black layer masks (such as soft skin) there are two things you might be doing incorrectly. 1. Make sure to click on to select the black layer mask BEFORE using the white brush to paint on your image. If you have the layer selected but not the actual black layer mask (just click on the black part) you will see no changes when you paint. 2) Make sure your brush blend mode (on top) is set to NORMAL and not any other setting. If it is not on normal it will not work correctly and you will see no changes!

Want all of my favorite CoffeeShop Actions or Design Elements in one simple download AND help support this blog? Just click here for my action pack or here for a download of some of my most popular design elements, storyboards, and textures. For complete info on installing all of my actions, click here.

belle December 5, 2008 at 9:36 AM

Fabulous! Can't wait to give it try. Thank you so much for sharing your great work.

lori December 5, 2008 at 9:44 AM

thank you for being so generous with your ACTIONS!! I really enjoyed the first powder room and i cannot wait to play around with this one! Thanks again. I will put you up on my blog later today!!

Jen December 5, 2008 at 10:24 AM

Happy Birthday to Duke! Thank you for sharing your creativity and hard work. I love these actions.

Cris, Callie, and Cayten December 5, 2008 at 10:41 AM

I keep getting the error "The command “Layer Via Copy” is not currently available." I have tried to use the work around but it doesn't work . . . any suggestions. I have PSE 5.0

*NaTaLiE SaNdaLL* December 5, 2008 at 10:48 AM

Thank you so much, you are so talented and generous! I just recently gound your website and I am constantly checking it. I really liked the first Powder Room so I can't wait to try this one, THANKS AGAIN!

Michelle December 5, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Thank you Rita! I so appreciate your generosity! I use powder room more than any of my other actions - even more than the ones I have paid for! I'm so excited to use this one. Thank you for your generous gift!!!
Michelle

Anonymous December 5, 2008 at 12:07 PM

Thank you so much for this! I can't wait to try it!

Kath W December 5, 2008 at 1:09 PM

I can't say thank you enough! I've been trying for ages to manually do this in pse...with out any luck. So, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Jeanette December 5, 2008 at 1:17 PM

Fantastic, can't wait to try it out!

Nicki December 5, 2008 at 1:28 PM

I use your original powder room action all of the time. I love it! And until today, I didn't realize that you son's name is Duke. I have a 2 1/2 year old named Duke!

luvtknpics December 5, 2008 at 6:10 PM

Thank you Rita, your the best!

Anonymous December 5, 2008 at 6:41 PM

Rita, thank you so much! Your actions are amazing :)

WVButterfly (2peas)

Digi Free December 5, 2008 at 11:29 PM

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 05 Dec [LA 09:00pm] - 06 Dec [NY 12:00am, UK 05:00am, OZ 04:00pm] ).

jilltan December 6, 2008 at 1:22 AM

Thank you Thank you Thank you!! Can't wait to play with it!
Happy Birthday Duke!

No Reimer Reason December 6, 2008 at 1:36 AM

Thank you so much! I cannot wait to try it out! :)

Anonymous December 6, 2008 at 2:26 AM

Sincerely appreciate your talent and generosity. mwah thanks

esther_a December 6, 2008 at 3:29 AM

Thanks so much. So nice to find a PSE action!

Jody December 6, 2008 at 5:58 AM

What a wonderful gift! You are the best. I am now going to go haul out some past photos and "fix" them up. Once again you are such a blessing to us all.

Happy Birthday Duke - you are so lucky to have such a super Mommy!

Sharla December 6, 2008 at 7:29 AM

Yay!! Thanks a million!!

Sharla December 6, 2008 at 7:31 AM

Didn't see my comment, so will post again, because I really want you to know how thankful I am for this action! Thanks for all your hard work!

Julie E. December 6, 2008 at 7:46 AM

You are one generous lady! Thanks so much for sharing your work! I love actions!

Anonymous December 6, 2008 at 8:46 AM

Thank you so much for your generosity.I can hardly wait to try this action.

Amanda December 6, 2008 at 8:50 AM

Thank you so much. I just found your site and I am so excited. Your generosity is so appreciated. Can't wait to use the action. Also, thank you for all the tutorials. That is not something you find very often.

Gretchen Clark December 6, 2008 at 8:53 AM

thank you!!! cannot wait to try it. I loved the first version, so I am sure I will LOVE this one!!!

Brooke - in Oregon December 6, 2008 at 9:24 AM

Thanks for the action, it looks FABULOUS and your little guy is jusg adorable. Oh Christmas with him this year will be so fun, I love that age!

Phyldar December 6, 2008 at 10:05 AM

Thanks so much for sharing all your hard work with us - this is awesome!

Phyllis December 6, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Thank you so much for sharing. I'm looking forward to using it.

Crys T December 6, 2008 at 1:31 PM

OMG, thank you so much for sharing all your hard work! I didn't get your first one, but I'm so glad I found your second. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Anonymous December 6, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Happy Birthday Duke! Thank you very much for sharing your awesome action with us!

Anonymous December 6, 2008 at 3:29 PM

Thank you so much for the great action! Can't wait to give it a try!! BettyJoR

witchypoo December 6, 2008 at 4:38 PM

Thank you so much ! I had read about your "Powder Room" action, and now I have a copy, can't wait to use it !!!

Missy December 6, 2008 at 7:05 PM

You are BEYOND amazing and awesome!! Thank you so much!!

Stacey Photography December 6, 2008 at 9:57 PM

You are my HERO! Seriously! Hugs and Kisses!

You inspire me.

twoboyz00 December 6, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Thank you so much - I can't wait to try this! And happy birthday to Duke!

Luise December 7, 2008 at 7:28 AM

Thanks so much! I'm currently using PSE4 but my husband purchased PSE7 for my Christmas present. Should be able to try this soon!

hokiechick December 7, 2008 at 9:15 AM

Thanks you so very much! we all appreciate your hard work & are so generous

Michele December 7, 2008 at 12:01 PM

thank you SOOOOOOOOO much!!! I can't wait to try this out! :)

Amber December 8, 2008 at 12:30 AM

Thanks so much for your generosity. I have really enjoyed using all of your actions, and thanks for making them compatible with elements.

jfeely December 8, 2008 at 3:05 PM

THank you SO much for this action! It makes my pictures SOO beautiful! I LOVE it!! Thank you!! When I get my website up and going I will make a section of thanks, and definitely put you on there! Thank you!

Kim December 8, 2008 at 8:29 PM

Thank you so much Miss Rita..and a very big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Duke!!!!!!

Natalie December 8, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Always love playing with free actions! Thank you for your love of photoshop!

Kamieo Photography December 9, 2008 at 11:20 AM

It wont work in my elements. I am using 5.0

Brandi December 9, 2008 at 11:45 AM

OMH! Thank you TONZ!! I have raved to every one of my friends about your Powder Room action! I think they all got it too! And now an even better one?!?!
Thank you so much for investing your time to make them and for keeping them FREE!!! That really helps and I appreciate it!
A big fan,
Brandi

Anonymous December 10, 2008 at 5:46 AM

This is awesome, love the original Powder room! Cant wait to try PR2! Thank you do much for your generosity!

Cris, Callie, and Cayten December 11, 2008 at 1:33 PM

Do you have any suggestions for those of us using PSE 5?

Carolyn December 11, 2008 at 4:54 PM

I would love to download your PowderRoom 2, but I don't have WinZip to unpack it. Do you have a download somewhere that is not compressed with WinZip?

Thanks. Your actions rock! Happy birthday to Duke.

Helping Everyone Remember December 27, 2008 at 12:18 AM

Thank you so much, you are very kind! Has anyone mentioned problems with the skin softener in CS4? I just switched from elements to CS$ so it might just be me. But sometimes it works, other times it doesnt....

Teresa December 27, 2008 at 11:43 AM

Thank you, Rita! I love to check your site and not only to get the actions- I really enjoy what you write as well. You are such a good example and an encourager. Thank you so much. Off to play....
tess

Anonymous January 4, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Rita you are a STAR!!!
Once again thanks so much

Hugs
Trudi

Jodar February 6, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Thank you!

Anonymous February 12, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Hello! I'm new to your site and I just love it!!! Thank you so much! Your work is much appreciated:):):)!!!
Big hugs- Heather from michigan:)

Shelley April 2, 2009 at 12:01 PM

I am so excited about the work you are doing, and your generous spirit in sharing. I'm using a mac, and have PSE 6. Is it possible for me to download CoffeeShop PowderRoom? I'm new at using a comments page. I don't really even know where to look for the answer. My email is shelleydiment@msn.com in case that's useful :-) Thank you for everything.
Shelley

Shelley April 2, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Shelley

Shelley April 2, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Hi, I posted a moment ago, asking if CoffeeShop PowderRoom can be put on a Mac with PSE 6. I've tried again, and have this question. The instructions for adding an action to PSE on a Mac say to go to "Photo Creations>Photo Effects" inside the PSE 6 folder. But I don't have these folders. Inside my PSE 6 folder are the following options:

Adobe Photoshop Elements
Legal
Photoshop Elements 6 Read Me.html
Photoshop Elements 6 User Guide.pdf
Plug-Ins
Presets
Settings
Recently Used Optimizations.irs
Tutorials

If anyone has any insights into where I place the .atn and .png files, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for all you do. I'm so happy to discover you out there! I have two daughters--20 and 17, and I'm hoping to do a really beautiful collage for my 17 year old, Hannah, and I think it would be wonderful to be able to use Bright Eyes and PowderRoom. Take care, and thanks for everything.
Shelley

Puna April 23, 2009 at 1:27 PM

It's incredibly generous of you to offer your actions for free thank you. I just downloaded my first one...I saw you on iheartfaces.com

Trude April 24, 2009 at 7:37 PM

I followed from iheartfaces too - thank you so much! Can't wait to play! :)

Three and Counting May 22, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Rita- I have heard great things about your actions! I really want to try them but cannot figure out how to download them to my Macintosh with Photoshop CS4. I have searched everywhere for help- is this possible could you help me please? Thank you! Carrie Elton

Nikki July 16, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Hi! I just heard about powder room actions and couldn't wait to come get this! However, I have PSE 6 on a mac computer. Can I get this action for a mac?

Nikki
nmcdougal@gmail.com

Julie J August 6, 2009 at 8:06 AM

My girlfriend showed me your site and I'm excited to try some things! I tried downloading, but couldn't get it to work. I'm using Photoshop Element 5 with windows vista.

Any input would be appreciated!

Jensen Family October 28, 2009 at 2:33 PM

I love all of your actions. They are awesome. And all the info that comes with is priceless. Thank you so much. Question though. On the soft skin layer, what is it? It looks like a high pass filter, but its not right? What is it?

Wanda December 31, 2009 at 8:17 PM

This is so much fun!!!!! I am just getting started and having so much fun.

Annie March 11, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Thank you sweetie for all your hard work!!! Much love to you!!! Happy Birthday to your little man ;)

Cherbear September 6, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Thank you!

Anonymous October 24, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Eeep!

Where is powder room 1.

I did half my photos with that action then accidently deleted it. This aciton gives totally different results for some reason and looks a lot worse.

Rita October 24, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I think PowderRoom 1 is gone! I might have deleted the post. PowderRoom 2 is actually so much better. :-)

Anonymous December 14, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Thanks so much for posting these wonderful tools! You're a goddess! :-)

Anonymous December 22, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Thank you so much.. I just made a donation and am anxious to learn all about your actions. Shirley

Brandie Justice January 24, 2011 at 5:05 PM

I just discovered these and I just wanted to thank you for sharing. They work great and really save me LOTS of time :)

Erica August 30, 2011 at 8:07 AM

I just wanted to tell you how much I love this action. It's so subtle, yet still perfectly effective. Thank you!

C. Crumbaugh November 11, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Excited to try your actions. Andrea Tate of Crave Photography recommended this action in photoshop training last evening. Thank you!

Karen Cooley March 22, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Is there a way to download this without signing up at the download site?

Rita March 22, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Karen, you don't have it sign up for anything. There is a link where you can go download them directly.

Angel May 27, 2012 at 6:45 AM

Dear Rita! Thank you VERY MUCH for your georgous work! I really love all thy actions! But I have problems with the baby powders: I run it but every step it makes I need to hit enter to continue and after a while it says the layer background cannot be reached and so on... so at the end I see only 3 layers: bright eyes, levels1 and background copy and none of them are editible. can you please help! Thanks Judit

Inspired December 13, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Hi, Thank you for your free actions. I used them all the time in my PS4 but now I am using elements 10. Do your actions work with that version. If so could you please refer me to a tutorial on how to upload it to my Elements. Thanks. Kimber

Rita December 14, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I have full action installation instructions linked on top of this blog. :-)