CoffeeShop Denim Free Action for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements!

Well, it is almost Christmas and like you, I have been terribly busy. However, I made the time to create a little Christmas present for you guys.One of my readers, Barbara, wrote me an email asking if I had ever seen of an action that would turn a color image B&W yet leave denim jeans blue. I haven't come across an action like that, so I decided to write one that night.

This action works in both Photoshop and Photoshop Elements and gives you 3 versions of denim to choose from: Classic Blue, Faded, or Bright and New. Just click on the eye icon by the layer you want to turn on. If there are parts of your image which still have color you want to remove, just click on the black layer mask in the "Remove Color" layer, then paint over the color part in the image with a white brush to "erase" it. Don't forget to flatten your image when done!

This action does not only work on blue jeans, use it in any image where you want to selectively color blue; like clothing, eyes, or landscapes. Galveston Island, TX (this summer before hurricane Ike devastated it during the fall) in this case.

If you want to use an action that will work with any color, please check out my Selective Color Action.  I have plenty of things headed your way on this blog, including more actions (Pretty Portrait, White Chocolate Latte, more color pops, and B&W) plus more tutorials and custom papers/card templates. So please come and visit the CoffeeShop when you get a chance! I really appreciate all of your wonderful comments here.   Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Click here to download the CoffeeShop Denim Action!

Want all of my favorite CoffeeShop Actions or Design Elements in one simple download AND help support this blog? Just click here for my action pack or here for a download of some of my most popular design elements, storyboards, and textures. For complete info on installing all of my actions, click here.

belle December 21, 2008 at 9:52 PM

Looks like fun! Thanks so much. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Digi Free December 21, 2008 at 11:41 PM

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 21 Dec [LA 09:00pm] - 22 Dec [NY 12:00am, UK 05:00am, OZ 04:00pm] ).

Anonymous December 22, 2008 at 5:23 AM

Thank you, have a wonderful Christmas hsmema

Anonymous December 22, 2008 at 5:54 AM

Marilyn UK

Pattycakes December 22, 2008 at 7:02 AM

Thank you and Happy Holidays!! :)

Jody December 22, 2008 at 7:30 AM

I am going to have lots of fun with this one for sure. I just can't thank you enough for all the actions you are sharing. You have opened up a whole new world of scrapping for me.

Thanks so much from this old granny

Anonymous December 22, 2008 at 8:17 AM

That is exactly what I was looking for, you are amazing.

I havent been able to download it however. The site the file takes me to doesnt give me the option to download to my computer. HMM

Blessings,
Barb

Brooke - in Oregon December 22, 2008 at 8:26 AM

Can't wait to try it out! Thanks for sharing your awesome creations and Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

Amanda December 22, 2008 at 10:43 AM

I have created some GREAT pictures with your creations! I cannot wait to use this! We are a Jeans family! Thanks SO much!

claudia van schie December 22, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Thanks for all the beautiful freebies you've shared this year. I can't wait for next year. I've added you to my google reader so I won't miss one!

Happy Holidays,

Love from Holland, Claudia
(www.tristanvanschie.blogspot.com)

MemoryKeeper December 22, 2008 at 4:51 PM

I want to learn how you made your navigation tabs. Your blog is completely INSPIRING! I'm saving it to my favorites! I'm trying to learn and reteach to my bloggies and scrapping friends. Thanks for everything!

Here's to more happy scrapping, and
Hugs from the heart,
Jeanette

Come scrap your blog with me at
www.easycustomblogs.blogspot.com

Addicted2Scrappin' December 22, 2008 at 8:54 PM

Thanks for the action and hope you have a Happy Holiday season!

Michelle from MD, USA December 22, 2008 at 11:03 PM

This is WAY fabulous!! Thank you so much for sharing all your goodies with us. I especially love that they work with PSE. It is just so awesome that you can create these things! I'm so dumb when it comes to stuff like this. THANKS again you totally ROCK!!

Merry Christmas & a Blessed and Happy New Year to you and yours,
Michelle

Anonymous December 23, 2008 at 9:27 AM

thank you so much!!!! I love your pse actions!!!

Staci December 24, 2008 at 3:59 PM

Hello you! I sent you a peamail, but then decided to read your friend's installation instructions, and I hope that the problem will be resolved. Have a blessed Christmas!

staci

Doc Donnie December 31, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Hi. Thank you very much for all the actions. I have a problem running this action with PSE6. When I click the action, I see the ongoing changes with the photo, but the final photo will just revert back to the original version. hmmm

Doc Donnie January 1, 2009 at 1:01 AM

Oops. I already figured it out. I wasn't reading full instructions. Thanks!! Love all your actions.

Anonymous January 4, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Thank You so much Rita!! You are a real blessing for the technically challenged like myself
Hugs
Trudi

Anonymous February 6, 2009 at 10:28 AM

I have just discovered actions and this one is absolutely beautiful. I have been playing with it and the results are sooo incredible. Thank you so much for this one !

Desi March 7, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Can you help please? I downloaded the action in my photoshop elements 6, but now I can not find it. I've looked in the effects (as directed), but I don't think its there. Any suggestions?
Thanks!!

Brittany March 11, 2009 at 10:50 PM

This is one of my favorite actions!

Is there any way that you could create an action similar to this one that would isolate red?
I'm sure you have a ton to do, and a list of other PS stuff. So, ya know, maybe in your "spare time?!" :)

You have been blessed with an awesome talent!
Thank you for sharing it with us!

Anonymous March 23, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Hi Rita-

Loved the denim action. Is there a way to select a different color? I did a big group (21 People) and they were all wearing Ohio State Colors so i would like to select the red. If not, that is ok. I still love the denim.

Thanks.

S.A. Jones March 21, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Does this work with ps cs4

Savannah April 20, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Just want to say that I am LOVING your site! Pure awesome. Gonna definetly Donate to ya:)

C_lopez316 July 10, 2011 at 1:40 AM

I have CS3 and it does not work. I dont use CSE so how can i make this work?

Kerry Stanek August 17, 2011 at 11:41 AM

I have to tell you - I use this one all the time! Do you have more that can do this with other colors? It's such a great effect!

Anonymous October 1, 2011 at 8:18 PM

I love this action too and was wondering if you have one that selects other colors? Or how do I change this one to select red or purple or colors other than blue?