I use the Impression filter in Photoshop all of the time. It easily loads into your Filter menubar and you can use it like any other filter in Photoshop/PSE. It really blows away all of the artistic filters that come with Photoshop/PSE. I use Impression to design custom artistic textures that I add to my images, or I apply it to my photos to get painterly effects.
You can use Impression very subtly to add a bit of texture to your photos or completely change your photos into artistic works of art. You can also use Topaz Impression to design beautiful custom papers and textures that you can use on your own work or sell commercially!
I just downloaded this new version and I will write a review as soon as I finish playing with it. :-)
Read all about it below!
Topaz Impression generates natural painterly effects by painting brushstrokes one at a time. (It just does this very fast!) Impression can paint over 10,000 brushstrokes in less than a second, all while completely following your artistic direction, making truly personal art that you can call your own.
Click here to buy it now!
NEW FEATURES If you’re already familiar with Impression, the updated release of Impression 2, gives you more powerful processing with a completely redesigned framework and the following additional features:
• 30+ New effects - Impression 2 now comes with over 140 effects!
• Larger Brush Panel - no more squinting to find the brush you need.
• Masking - Impression 2 now includes masking in application! Using a brush, color range, luminosity range, or spot masking, the masking panel even includes our color aware tool.
• Topaz Community - now you can share your created effects with the other users of Impression 2 with a click of a button. Not seeing an effect you like? Browse the Topaz Community to surf an ocean of custom user made effects.
• New brush customization options: - “Number of strokes” options to change the number of strokes applied to the image. - “Large Brush Volume” that adjust paint volume in large areas of color to help focus on the details. - “Stroke “Rotation Variation” to add randomness to your effect strokes.
• Highlight and Shadow control in the lighting menu.
• Support for High DPI (4k) monitors in Windows 7/8/10
Click here to read more!